Aleli Lauria. Patagonian born. Color lover. Creativity driven. Beautifier. Collage artist. Fascinated by words. Improvised cook. Soul connector. Moon daughter.
1. What was the inspiration behind the postcards you created for the “heART exchange”?
I really let my intuition take the lead on making the cards. I created 3 very different postcards, one had a vintage feel and colors and I added a picture of my great aunt. The message was “she chose adventure with all her heart” because my aunt really did! The second one had a background made with pieces from other collages and a picture of myself dancing.The message was: “she danced her heart out” and the 3rd one had bright colors and a drawing of a gnome made by my dad. The message on that one was: “she welcomed the gifts of each day”
2. What other creative activities do you love to take part in on a regular basis?
I love collaging, writing, cooking and taking pictures.
3. What do you think is the most satisfying part of creating what you create?
One of the things I love the most about it is creating with abandon, like I used to when I was a kid. Creating for the fun of it but with intention and connection. Play is another big part for me. And beauty. Specially with collage mixing a lot of different elements and finding beauty in what it originally looked chaotic. I come alive when I create.
4. If you could create anything everyday, what would it be?
Collages and hand written letters.
5. What do you think it is about creating something that can make a difference in someones life?
I think is all about connection, connecting with our soul. When we create we are honoring the true of who we are. Our authenticity shines bright and our heart sings with gratitude.