Being grateful enhances my day and life because it reminds me of what is really important. It keeps me in check. When my inner critic or worrier steps in, being grateful reminds me to take a breath, to stay calm and remember the flow of life- that everything happens for a reason, that it is the journey that really counts, that there are a million different ways to get someplace and along the way you may just see something new that leads you into a completely different direction… one you never even knew you’d been craving.
3 things I am grateful for and inspire my heart to sing
Birds, seeing children (or anyone) being creative, sunshine
My tips to practice more gratitude on a daily basis
Every morning, I have a ritual that helps me stay present and start my day. I make tea, set my intentions for the day (what I would like to feel, how I intend for my day to flow), then I journal and let out all of the clutter my mind is carrying, so that I can let it go and really live my day.
I’m an artist, teacher, storyteller and adventurer, here to help you get creative and live your dreams. As often as possible, I paint outside, mostly in the grass surrounded by flower gardens and the tallest trees. I’m also an avid gardener and enthusiastic cook and would be delighted to have you over for dinner. When I’m not traveling, and painting in gardens around the world, I live with my bluegrass-singing husband in Madison, Wisconsin
Taking part in the 30 day practice with us
Sign up the email list HERE to receive the prompt and additional inspiration.
If you would like to share….
- Take a photo, publish on Instagram and hashtag it #yourheartmakesadifference.
- Create a journal page or write a blog and add your link to the comments below.
- List your thank you’s to the universe in the comments below.
- Share a short poem or note with us in the comments below.
- Pop your thoughts or images into your personal facebook page to share your gratitude with all of your friends and family. (tag @yourheartmakesadifference) and use #yourheartmakesadifference
- Anything you feel called to do in response to the prompt.